Guidance on packed lunches and drinks at Stafford Leys
Stafford Leys Primary School is a healthy and nut-free school and recognises the importance of diet and nutrition in the learning and development of all students.
School meals are a great choice for your child, but if you choose to make a packed lunch for them instead here are a few tips for preparing a healthier lunchbox.
Please note that the information below acts only as a guidance for Parents, carers and students.
What to include in your child’s lunchbox.
- It should be based on starchy carbohydrates ( bread,potatoes, rice, pasta)
- It should include fresh fruit and vegetables/salad
- There should be a source of protein such as beans and pulses, eggs, fish, meat, cheese ( or dairy alternative)
- It should include a side dish such as a low-fat and lower-sugar yoghurt (or dairy alternative), tea cake, fruit bread, plain rice/corn cakes, homemade plain popcorn, sugar-free jelly
- Your child should have a drink such as water, skimmed or semi-skimmed milk, sugar-free or no-added sugar drinks
This information is taken from the NHS Livewell website.