ICT is an important part of learning at Stafford Leys. As the children progress through our school they are taught a wide range of skill, as well as how these skills can be implemented in other areas. The children have access to a variety of age appropriate resources which provide them with the tools to access our curriculum. As ICT is continually developing and new technologies emerging, we as a school will strive to give all pupils the skills to prepare them for their future. ICT is an essential part of everyday life and will continue to evolve in as yet unforeseen ways, so our children will need confidence and ability to move with the changes as they arrive.
Our aims are:
- To enhance and extend children’s learning across the whole curriculum whilst developing motivation and social skills.
- For children to have access to a range of ICT resources including emerging technologies.
- For children to achieve success in ICT by learning the skills set out in our scheme of work.
- To allow children the opportunity to choose and use ICT creatively in all areas of the curriculum enabling them to see the relevance of ICT in every day life.
- To make children aware of inappropriate use of ICT and how to use ICT responsibly.